Before starting to do anything (worth planning for), ask yourself:
- What do I want to happen? By when? How will I know if I’m successful?
- Have others accomplished this? If so, then how? If not, then why not?
- What is most likely to go wrong? How can I prepare for or prevent this?
- How can I maximize the use of my resources? (people, organizations, belongings)
- What medium sized and baby steps need to happen?
- If needed, could I teach somebody else to execute this plan for me? If no, return to step 1 and repeat.