I recently sold a healthy business that offered me a secure income and the freedom to work when and how I please.
Still, there were many reasons I felt the time was right.
Important reasons I sold:
- To commit fully to new passions
- To disrupt my comfort zone
- To give employees new opportunities to grow
Unimportant reasons I sold:
- The valuation was fair
- To put points on the board
- Fear of future mediocrity
The financial story of selling the company is already written; the personal story is the more interesting, important, and still unfolding story.